The January transfer window may be closed in Europe, but teams are looking ahead to the summer and there’s plenty of gossip floating around. Transfer Talk brings you all the news about rumours, comings and goings and, of course, closed deals!
TOP STORY: Is Alvarez considering leaving Man City?
Julian Alvarez is preparing to ask Manchester City to leave the club in the summer, according to TV El Chiringuito.
Pep Guardiola’s side have recently looked to sign the 23-year-old striker to a new deal, but with little guarantee of regular opening minutes ahead of Erling Haaland – who has scored 33 goals in all competitions this season – it looks as though Alvarez is now open to possible exits.
With the Argentinian already postponing a bid to extend his stay at the Etihad Stadium over a salary issue, as Fabrizio Romano has pointed out, the Premier League champions appear to have a hard time convincing him amid interest from Europe.
TyC Sports journalist Cesar Luis Merlo reported on Sunday that Barcelona, among other clubs across Europe, had inquired about his services and more interest could arise the longer the contract stalemate continued.
Alvarez has made 19 Premier League appearances this season, but with the majority coming from the bench he has racked up just 707 minutes of play.
– Streaming on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, more (US)
– Barcelona are ready to start negotiations with the midfielder Sergio Busquets, reveals Sport. The 34-year-old midfielder will be out of contract for the summer, but manager Xavi Hernandez is eager to offer him a deal that will keep him at Camp Nou for another season. If he decides to leave, Real Sociedad Martin Zubimendi is currently the blaugranamain target of a successor.
– Manchester United remain interested in signing the Tottenham Hotspur striker Harry Kane, says Football Insider. Erik ten Hag is reported to be prioritizing a move to a striker when the transfer market opens, and the 29-year-old’s contract situation is being watched closely. Kane will enter the final year of his contract in the summer, having signed a six-year contract in 2018. Bayern Munich are also interested in his signing.
– Paris Saint-Germain and defender Marquinhos are about to announce a new deal, informs Le 10 Sport. The 28-year-old Brazil international has reportedly signed a four-year contract extension that will keep him at the Parc des Princes until the summer of 2027, with his salary rising into the top five highest salaries at the club. PSG also continue to work on new deals for both Sergio Ramos It is Lionel Messi.
– Several Premier League teams are preparing to fight for the signing of the Arsenal defender Kieran Tierneyhe writes Ekrem Konur. Everton, West Ham United and Newcastle United are all interested in the 25-year-old Scotland international, who is believed to be getting frustrated at the Emirates following his lack of first-team minutes. He has only made four Premier League appearances this season.
– Juventus are working on a new contract for the defender Alex Sandro, according to Gianluca Di Marzio. Despite previous reports suggesting the 32-year-old was expected to leave at the end of his contract in the summer, the latest indicates that the Serie A side are keen to sign him on a one-year extension. He has played 27 times for Massimiliano Allegri’s team this season.
– Striker for AS Roma Tammy Abraham wants to stay at the club beyond next summer, understands Calciomercato. Although the 25-year-old was previously linked with a move to the Premier League, the latest indicates the former Chelsea player is keen to win trophies with Jose Mourinho’s side, and he has reportedly made his priorities clear. Abraham has contributed to nine goals in 19 Serie A appearances.
– Liverpool are closely monitoring the situation of the Chelsea midfielder N’Golo Kante, says Football Insider. Jurgen Klopp is preparing to overhaul his midfield in the summer, and with Chelsea still to agree on a new deal for the 31-year-old star, the Reds are waiting to see if an opportunity will arise for them to make a move. for your subscription as a free download. Graham Potter’s team are believed to be in talks with Kante amid hopes of keeping him at Stamford Bridge for another season.